The City Manager leads, directs and coordinates all city operations and staff. The position is, in effect, the Chief Executive Officer, who answers to the "Board of Directors", the Mayor and City Council, elected by you, the citizens of Bullard. The City of Bullard operates under a system of local government called the council/manager form. The elected officials (Mayor and City Council) are the community leaders and policy makers who establish a vision for their city, town, or county, and who hire the City Manager to carry out that policy and ensure all residents are being equitably served. The City Manager coordinates the work of department heads and other employees, who help and ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of services.
- Implements City Council Policy
- Encourages and provides for citizen input regarding City operations, services and programs
- Engages in special studies and projects to ensure productive operations
- Serves as liaison to other governmental entities
- Prepares the annual budget, submits it to elected officials for approval and implements it once approved
- Manages the day to day operations of the City